Does your business require your clients to make appointments or book services ahead of time? Managing appointments and bookings on paper or through emails can become time consuming and inefficient over time – especially when your business starts to take off.
Whether you’re operating a hair salon, a consultancy or a bed and breakfast, you’ll need an appointments management system sooner or later.
In this article, I’ll introduce some of the best appointment and booking plugins that will help you keep your clients happy and your business organized.
Let’s get started.
EDD Bookings adds a booking system to WordPress that uses Easy Digital Downloads’ e-commerce solutions, allowing clients to book and pay for appointments, meetings, consultations and any other any service that needs to be scheduled by date and time.
Site admins get a powerful interface that makes it easy to manage every detail necessary to match the simplest or the most complex of real-life situations. In just a few steps your service will be ready to go live on your site.
Clients see a simple booking process that makes choosing, booking and paying for a suitable time slot a breeze. Check out the slideshow below to see the booking process.
All bookings are presented within the WordPress dashboard in a list and calendar view, giving the site admin at-a-glance awareness of all incoming bookings and payments. It also includes timezone options for each service, within the booking management screens, and in the client-facing booking process – a great addition when selling services online.
- Easily set up services in a few steps through the sleek UI.
- Set multiple appointment lengths for each service, or just one.
- Set up multiple availability rules to show when you’re available and when you’re not.
- A simple booking process for clients, with the ability to switch timezone if needed.
- Manage bookings from the WordPress admin area via a list or calendar view.
- Create new bookings from the admin area for clients who show up in-person or contact you via phone or email.
- Integrates with all payment gateways offered by EDD.
- Many more features offered through EDD extensions.
Get EDD Bookings at these incredibly low rates today. As new features, such as staff, locations, variable pricing options, Google Cal integration, and more are added in the coming months, the price will most likely rise.
- Single-site – $39
- Up to 5 sites – $59
- Up to 20 sites – $99
Get EDD Bookings
This is the official bookings extension from Woo themselves. It allows you to sell your time or date based bookings, adding a new product type to your WooCommerce site. Perfect for those wanting to offer appointments, services or rentals.
- Create booking slots
- Multi-person bookings
- Customer email notifications
- Have bookings made either right away, or sent to you for approval.
- Filter and update bookings, as well as booking availability, directly from your WordPress admin.
- Create bookings manually via the WordPress admin, mirroring the frontend bookings form your customers see.
- There is huge flexibility in defining costs per booking, resource, block, people or duration.
- Define when your booking is available to your customers.
- “Resources” per bookable product for added flexibility. Resources can also be created globally, to apply to multiple bookable products.
- Define global availability rules for all bookable products.
- Integration with the Product Add-ons extension letting you add extras for each booking.
- Send custom email notifications to people who have booked a product.
- View bookings in either list or calendar format.
Get WooCommerce Bookings
WPMU DEV’s Appointments is a free plugin that offers a powerful and flexible feature-rich appointments management plugin that will help you manage your clients’ bookings through your WordPress site.
Appointments is an all-inclusive booking plugin for individuals and businesses who need to schedule time with clients. It enables users to let clients make their own appointments based on your (or your employees’) schedule. You can make all transactions through PayPal and manage your entire team with this standalone plugin.
One thing we like about WPMU DEV plugins is that they all integrate seamlessly with one another. You can integrate Appointments with MarketPress and Membership to manage your business more efficiently and open more payment gateways for your clients.
Customizing your calendar to fit your site’s theme is easy to do with Appointments. You can display each team member’s information and time schedule on your site to make it even more convenient for them. Clients can integrate their appointments with their Google Calendar accounts as well.
- Send confirmation emails to clients to increase attendance.
- Manage customer and employee information.
- Manage bookings and appointments through Google Calendar.
- Make transactions through PayPal.
Appointments by WPMU DEV is the best appointments and bookings plugin for WordPress sites. It can handle all of your business’ scheduling needs, keep you organized and increase sales.
Appointment Calendar is a free plugin for WordPress with a premium version available with advanced functionality. The plugin caters to a multilingual audience by letting you translate your calendar to any language.
Using Appointment Calendar is easy for non-developers. All you have to do is insert the short code on your site’s page wherever you’d like to display it and it’ll be up and running. The Appointment Calendar works great on mobile devices too and there is a separate short code for it. It enables users to manage the calendar from the admin panel and lets you add blackout dates and times for holidays and lunch hours.
Clients will receive notifications through email when the site admin confirms or cancels their booking. You can create back-ups of appointments and bookings by exporting the calendar as a CSV file to your hard drive.
- Translate your calendar in all languages.
- Get email notifications for bookings.
- Manage appointments and bookings from the admin panel.
- Insert Appointment Calendar to any page using short codes.
Appointment Calendar is tremendously user-friendly and convenient to use for non-developers. Inserting the calendar to your page and managing it through the admin panel makes it a popular choice for all sorts of business owners.
Booked is a powerful, easy to use premium plugin for appointments and bookings by BoxyStudio. It offers advanced booking functionality and is designed for businesses of all sizes. Everything you’ve ever wanted in an appointments management system is available on Booked.
Users can add calendars to their site by inserting short codes or widgets on to the page. It enables you to add custom time slots for holidays and vacations through its closed dates feature.
The Booked plugin is not only incredibly easy to use for webmasters but convenient for clients too. It stores information in custom fields for every appointment. The plugin is fully responsive and can be used on mobile devices with varying screen sizes.
Booked lets your clients manage their personal details and appointment information by giving them login access to their accounts. Next time a client changes their contact information or needs to reschedule an appointment, they can do it automatically through your site rather than through email correspondences or telephone calls.
- Appointment buffering to prevent appointments from getting booked too close to current date and time.
- Manage appointments from a powerful backend interface.
- Custom fields for storing information for every appointment.
- Color pickers to customize the calendar’s appearance.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution in a premium appointment booking plugin and are willing to shell out $34 then Booked is one of the very best out there. It’s loaded with powerful features and useful functionality that lets you fully utilize the plugin.
Bookly – Responsive WordPress Appointment Booking and Scheduling Plugin is a professional appointments and bookings solution designed for WordPress users. As the name suggests, Bookly offers a responsive layout that features a user friendly touch optimized design and support for gestures.
The plugin integrates with PayPal, Authorize.net and Stripe to allow you to accept online payments. You can also create custom fields to store client and appointment information for different types of services that your business offers.
You can display the Bookly calendar in one of three ways – day, week or month. Site admins can create new appointments and assign different colors for easy classification.
Increasing client attendance is easier with the SMS and email notifications feature that lets you send confirmations, reminders, agendas and follow-ups. The plugin integrates with WooCommerce to let you utilize their extensions and payment gateways. You can also synchronize it with Google Calendar to view appointments without having to visit the business’ site.
- User friendly responsive touch-based front-end design.
- Intuitive interface with an all-inclusive admin panel.
- Integration with WooCommerce and synchronization with Google Calendar.
- Unlimited services and service providers.
Bookly has dozens of options for your business model and offers a comprehensive plugin complete with support from developers. The only downside is that it’ll cost you $46 to purchase the license.
Pinpoint offers a way to rent accommodations, schedule services, book events or receive online reservations and appointments of any kind with your WordPress site. It’s easy-to-use, fast and clear to both check availability and send a booking request in a unique AJAX calendar.
The plugin has a free as well as a premium option, and it comes with a long set of features as well as a number of add-ons you can purchase at an additional cost.
There are several appointments and bookings plugins out there that will broadly fit right in with your business model. If you’re looking for a more specific plugin for a particular niche be sure to check out Jean’s post on the Best WordPress Appointment and Reservation Plugins.
Which appointments and bookings plugin do you use? Are there any features you’d like to see in an appointments and booking plugin? Let us know in the comments section below.